Writing and Vetting Effective Reports and Proposals Write to Inform and Influence
Duration: 1 day or 2 days
Locations and Language
- Switzerland: Zurich, Zug, Lucerne, Basel (German and/or English)
- Singapore (English)
Delivery and translation to other languages is possible. The workshop can be delivered in other locations not stated above. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Why Attend This Training
The art of writing a persuasive proposal or an effective report is about moving the reader to your side of the argument but in an objective and logical manner. In this practice-based workshop, we will present proven strategies and techniques in building strong and credible arguments that can convince your readers and stakeholders why they should read your analysis and most importantly, accept your recommendations or fund the course of action. The workshop will cover practical aspects of writing reports and proposals, including planning and strategising with your readers in mind, writing concisely and coherently, and using appropriate language and effective presentation to bring your message across.
This workshop is highly interactive, with mini-presentations, exercises, group discussions and feedback. Participants will learn with real case scenarios so that the learning is relevant and applicable to work situations. The workshop also incorporates an individual coaching session during which the trainer will provide feedback to the participant on how he or she can improve their report and proposal writing.
- Executives, New Managers, Experienced Managers and Senior Managers who are proficient in English Grammar but who want to improve their ability to write effective and persuasive reports and proposals
- Managers who want to learn and improve on how they are vetting the reports and proposals of others
Training Topics (Depending on duration)
- Needs of the modern business reader
- Information versus insights
- Types of reports and proposals
- Developing and selling ideas in organisations
- Types of readers and their concerns
- Techniques for persuasive report writing
- Use objective and not flowery language
- Editing for conciseness
- Presentation and format
- How to be an effective report vetter
- Giving feedback and coaching others in writing reports
Request for Detailed Outline below.
Blended and Integrated Learning Formats
We offer companies flexibility in the format and delivery of learning. Learning modes can include:
- Online learning for delivery of content and learning resources
- Transformative one-day or two-day workshops (face-to-face) that focus on change in mindsets and capabilities through experiential learning, application to work and customised case studies
- Coaching in groups or for individuals to drive change in mindsets and behaviours
- Webinars – facilitator-led or self-paced learning
- Pre- and post-course activities and measurement of impact from learning programme