Advanced Business Writing for Managers Writing with Impact and Influence
Duration: 1 day or 2 days
Locations and Language
- Switzerland: Zurich, Zug, Lucerne, Basel (German and/or English)
- Singapore (English)
Delivery and translation to other languages is possible. The workshop can be delivered in other locations not stated above. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Managers need to master the art of business writing to communicate and influence effectively in today’s complex and global business environment. Managers who can write clearly and effectively will be able to influence others positively, achieve business goals, and build strong business relationships.
This programme is customised for managers to gain essential and practical skills in high-impact business writing. Participants will master the ability to customise their writing style and approach to address different types of readers, organise their thoughts in a coherent flow, and communicate concisely and clearly to achieve their business purpose and impact. Participants will also learn persuasive techniques to write their reports and recommendations.
In addition, participants will also learn to vet the written work of others and provide constructive feedback to enable the writers to improve in their business writing.
Managers (New, Experienced and Senior) who are proficient in English Grammar but who want to improve their ability to write more business-oriented and influential emails and reports to achieve their business objectives.
Learning Topics And Capabilities Covered (Depending on duration)
- Communications in a VUCA environment
- Role of manager in organisational communications
- Managerial thinking skills to drive business outcomes
- Art of summary and fact-based writing
- Writing business cases
- Influencing stakeholders and peers
- Mobilising others
- Use of power phrases
- Vetting the written work of others
Request for Detailed Outline below.
Blended and Integrated Learning Formats
We offer companies flexibility in the format and delivery of learning. Learning modes can include:
- Online learning for delivery of content and learning resources
- Transformative one-day or two-day workshops (face-to-face) that focus on change in mindsets and capabilities through experiential learning, application to work and customised case studies
- Coaching in groups or for individuals to drive change in mindsets and behaviours
- Webinars – facilitator-led or self-paced learning
- Pre- and post-course activities and measurement of impact from learning programme